4 Essential Documents landlord has to submit while renting property

People who are thinking about renting out the property should keep in mind that they have to keep themselves ready with the documents. Actually, you have to submit the documents with the tenant. landlordWithout having complete documents you just can’t give the property on rent. So it will be perfect if you will have all the up to date documents. That should include the certificates and paperwork. So yes, here in this article we are discussing about documents that landlords should submit while renting out the property.

1:) Documents related to the security deposit:

The first thing that is very important for the landlord is to keep the amount of deposit safely with the tenancy deposit scheme that must be government-backed. Actually, you should know that you have to deposit the money within 3 months otherwise you will be liable to return the deposit to the tenant. Here we are mentioning the information that you need in writing for fulfilling deposit paperwork:

  • First of all you have to write down the name and contact details of the tenant and the landlord. Don’t forget to mention the name of third parties if you have any.
  • Other than that, you are liable to mention the details about the deposit money that you have received. So write about the amount of money, where you kept it, when you will return it and who have given it to you.
  • Other than that it is also very important to mention the conditions under which tenant have submitted the deposit.

2:) Documents related to annual Electrical checks:

Another important document that landlord should have before renting out the property is documents related to annual electricity checks. Most people don’t know why it is important to hire electrician to annually check the electrical appliances. So that’s why firstly they should know that it is a compliance document issued by a licensed electrician who will perform all the maintenance and testing work of electricity. This is a legal requirement issued within 30 days of finishing the electrical work of a new house, apartment or building.

3:) Documents related to Safety Certificate:

Another document that you need to submit to the tenant will be the safety certificates that you have. Keep in mind that it is your responsibility to make the house safe and secure and for this you are liable to get the gas safety certificate or fire alarm certificates. That’s given by the registered technician who will help you to do proper maintenance of home’s security systems. Keep in mind that you have to provide all this information to the tenants.

 4:) Documents related to EPC Certificate:

Next document that you should have while renting out the property is to get the EPC certificate. As it will indicate how energy efficient your property is. Both domestic and commercial properties are liable to get this certificate. But for commercial properties, it’s known as NDEPC (Non Domestic Energy Performance Certificate). Actually, people are liable to get the EPC/NDEPC for their properties and in return they will get rated from A to E. That will indicate how much energy efficient their house is.